Safe and competitive shipping solutions
We’re often asked by individuals and business clients to describe safe packaging and shipping best practices for various types of freight. From selecting the proper shipping boxes and shipping supplies to correct labeling, the key to shipping boxes safely starts with the fundamentals.
Keep in mind that the shipper is responsible for packaging the shipment and labeling it well enough to protect the contents from damage during normal transportation.
1. Start with new, sturdy shipping boxes with all flaps intact.
2. Select a box strength that protects the package contents
3. Pack smaller boxes or chipboard boxes inside a corrugated outer box.
4. Use the proper shipping supplies: cushioning materials, strong tape, and appropriate labeling
5. Layer boxes to reduce the impact on the items from handling
6. Make sure there is a label, business card or some form of identification inside the box
7. Complete and apply the correct labeling to each of the shipping boxes